15 Jan 2019
PMI Quarterly on China Manufacturing (4Q 2018)
PMI indicates a slowing economy in China
- Output growth moderates.
- New orders index dips into contractionary zone.
- Backlogs of orders index falls slightly in December.
- Stocks of finished goods decrease at a relatively slow pace.
- Purchasing activities post a small decrease.
- Input prices index plunges.
- Ex-factory prices index stays below critical 50-mark in December.
- Imports index trends downward.
- Manufacturing employment continues to decrease.
- Suppliers’ delivery quickens slightly.
- Purchasing managers become less optimistic.