1 Sept 2016
Virtual Reality in China - Chinese Internet companies and e-commerce jump on the VR bandwagon
Overview of virtual reality
What is VR?
• Virtual reality (VR) is a user immersion experience.
– VR immerses a user in an imagined or replicated world, like videogames, movies, or flight simulation; or simulates presence in the real world.
• VR has 3 Is.
– The 3 Is include: immersion, imaginative and interactive.
Types of VR gears
• To experience VR, users need to put on a head-mounted display (HMD) or a pair of 3D glasses to view the projected 3D image.
• The user can ‘visit’ different places and experience different types of VR contents.
• Currently, there are four major types of VR gears in the market:
To view the full article, please go to page top to download the PDF version.