8 Aug 2019
Guangdong Introduces Raft of Anti-Soil Pollution Measures
Guangdong has designated a number of priorities as key to reducing soil pollution across the province:
- Conducting a detailed survey of incidences of soil pollution
- Strengthening control of the sources of soil pollution
- Managing arable land on a category basis
- Enhancing the environmental management of land reserved for construction purposes
- Strengthening the prevention and control of underground water pollution
- Establishing the Shaoguan Pilot Area for Integrated Soil Pollution Management
- Strengthening the infrastructure required for the prevention and control of soil pollution
- Strictly enforcing the assessment system for the control of soil pollution and establishing the identity of those responsible for any transgressions
The measures came into force as of 15 July this year and will remain in force for a 12-month period.
The plan was announced by the Department of Ecology and Environment of Guangdong Province in its recently-circulated 2019 Work Plan for the Prevention and Control of Soil Pollution.
Source: Department of Ecology and Environment of Guangdong