21 Dec 2017
Glossary: "Internet Plus"
The "Internet Plus" strategy was first proposed by Tencent CEO Pony Ma Huateng at a National People's Congress meeting in 2015. It envisages the use of the Internet platform and information and communications technology to create new eco-systems in new spheres by integrating the Internet with all trades and professions, including the traditional sectors. Premier Li Keqiang called for efforts to formulate the "Internet Plus" Action Plan in his Government Work Report that year. The State Council released its Guiding Opinions on Actively Promoting "Internet Plus" Actions in July 2015, calling for efforts to fully leverage the scale and application advantages of the Internet to promote its expansion from consumption industries to manufacturing, accelerate the upgrading of industrial development, enhance the ability of all sectors to make innovation, and create new advantages and new dynamics for economic and social development. The ultimate goal is to turn the Internet into a major means for providing public services and pave way for the establishment of a collaborative, interactive development environment for the cyber economy and the real economy by 2018.
- NDRC and Related Ministries to Jointly Devise "Internet Plus" Action Plans
- Hong Kong’s E-commerce Ecology: Exporting to the World
- Manufacturers and Site Operators Set to Cash in on Mainland Ski Boom
- China Heads for a Smarter Transport System
- Integration of “Made in China 2025” and “Internet Plus” Strategies