26 Nov 2018
Glossary: “Made in China 2025”
The “Made in China 2025” initiative marks the launch of a three-phase strategy to build the country into a world manufacturing powerhouse by 2049, coinciding with the centenary of New China. During the first phase, to run through 2025, China aims to become a manufacturing powerhouse. During the second phase, the goal is to reach the intermediate level among the world's manufacturing powerhouses by 2035. By the end of the third phase in 2049, China aims to firmly establish itself as a world manufacturing powerhouse.
“Made in China 2025” sets out the following nine strategic tasks and priorities:
1. Boosting the country's manufacturing innovation capacity;
2. Promoting the deep integration of informatisation and industrialisation;
3. Strengthening the fundamental capacity of industry;
4. Strengthening quality and brand building;
5. Comprehensively promoting green manufacturing;
6. Promoting breakthroughs in the 10 key sectors of new-generation information technology, high-end numerically controlled machine tools and robots, aviation and aerospace equipment, ocean engineering equipment and high-tech vessels, advanced rail transport equipment, energy-saving cars and new energy cars, power equipment, agricultural machinery, new materials, and biomedicine and high-performance medical devices;
7. Promoting the in-depth restructuring of the manufacturing sectors;
8. Actively developing service-oriented manufacturing and producer services; and
9. Raising the level of the internationalisation of manufacturing.
To achieve these goals, “Made in China 2025” puts forward measures in eight respects, including deepening the reform of systems and mechanisms, creating a market environment of fair competition, perfecting the financial support policies, increasing fiscal and taxation policy support, strengthening the multi-tier personnel training systems, perfecting the policies for micro, small and medium-sized enterprises, further expanding the opening of the manufacturing sectors to the outside world, and strengthening the organisational enforcement mechanisms.
- A Blessing in Disguise: A Game Theory Analysis of the US-China Trade Dispute
- Guangzhou Unveils Made in China 2025 Pilot City Development Plan
- Guangdong Announces Manufacturing Upgrade in Line with Made in China 2025
- China Releases Implementation Guidelines for Five Made in China 2025 Projects
- China’s 13th Five-Year Plan: Made in China 2025 and Industrie 4.0 Cooperative Opportunities
- China’s 13th Five-Year Plan: The Challenges and Opportunities of Made in China 2025
- Opportunities Arising from China's 13th Five-Year Plan: An Overview
- China’s 13th Five-Year Plan: Likely Aims and Implications
- State Council Issues 'Made in China 2025' Plan