13 May 2016
Vietnam Aims for Business Environment Parity with ASEAN Neighbours by 2017
VIETNAM: Several key objectives have been adopted as part of government moves to bring the country’s level of business competitivity on a par with its ASEAN neighbours by 2017. These new objectives include the following:
- Authorities to take no more than 77 days to issue building permissions and associated paperwork.
- All registrations of possession of property to be completed within 14 days
- The 400-day period for resolution of contract-related disputes to be halved
- The five-year limit for the resolution of bankruptcy cases to be reduced to two years
- The maximum time required to clear exports and imports to be reduced to 10 and 12 days respectively
The relevant ministries and government agencies have until 30 May to complete their action plans for achieving these objectives.