5 Nov 2018
China Announces 2019 Grain and Cotton Import Tariff Quotas
Full details of the application process for the 2019 import tariff quotas for grain and cotton have been released by the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC).
In compliance with the previously-circulated Interim Measures for the Administration of Import Tariff Quotas for Agricultural Products, the key points are as follows:
2019 Imported Grain Tariff Quotas
- Wheat: 9.636 million tons (90% state-administered)
- Corn: 7.2 million tons (60% state-administered)
- Rice: 5.32 million tons (50% state-administered)
2019 Imported Cotton Tariff Quotas
- 894,000 tons (33% state-administered)
Full details of the quotas and the application process may be found in two recently-issued circulars:
- Application Criteria and Allocation Principles for Import Tariff Quotas for Grain in 2019
- Application Criteria and Allocation Principles for Import Tariff Quotas for Cotton in 2019
The deadline for all applications was 30 October.
For further details (in Chinese), please access the following link: