5 Nov 2019
China Announces 2020 Export Commodity Quotas and Application Procedures
The Ministry of Commerce (MOFCOM) has now announced details of the mainland’s 2020 export commodity quotas, as well as a number of related administrative requirements:
2020 Export Quotas
- Licorice and licorice products: 4.4 million kg
- Ephedra sinica (cultivated for medicinal purposes): 1 million kg
- Live pigs (for export to Hong Kong / Macao): 1.4834 million heads
- Live cattle (for export to Hong Kong / Macao): 28,600 heads
- Live chickens (for export to Hong Kong): 3 million
- Sawn timber: 60,000 cubic metres
- Rush mat / rush mat products: 23 million kg
Foreign Trade Operators
- Any such entities looking to export any of the above commodities must, in the first instance, apply for the relevant quota allocation (global or region-specific) from MOFCOM, and then obtain an export licence by presenting the quota certification document (or other documentation related to a successful quota bid) prior to initiating any export clearance procedures via China Customs.
- For the 2020 quota round (excluding those allocated via a bidding process), applications should be submitted in the period 1-15 November 2019.
Source: Ministry of Commerce