8 Oct 2018
China Raises Export Rebate Rates for Certain Designated Products
Further to the decisions of the 8 October State Council Executive Meeting, China has announced the details of VAT export rebate hikes which have been in effect since 1 November.
Among the products affected were the following:
- The rebate rate for photography paper/rolls, plastic products, bamboo flooring, straw and rattan plaited products, tempered safety glass and lamps has been raised to 16%
- The rebate rate for lubricants, aircraft tyres, carbon fibre and certain metal products has been raised to 13%
- The rebate rate for certain agricultural products (including bricks, tiles and glass fibre) has been raised to 10%
- Export tax rebates for soybean products (HS Codes 23040010 and 23040090) have been withdrawn
- Other than in the case of the above specified products, the rebate rates are raised according to the following:
|Old Rate||New Rate|
The above adjustments were detailed in a joint circular from the Ministry of Finance and the State Administration of Taxation and complied with a directive issued following the State Council Executive Meeting on 8 October.
For further details, please access the following links: