31 March 2017
Rules for Managing Database of Consulting Firms to Take Effect on 1 May
The Ministry of Finance has earlier built a database of public-private partnership (PPP) consulting firms on the basis of the China PPP Integrated Information Platform in a bid to improve information disclosure on PPP consulting services, give impetus to self-policing among consulting firms and promote the regulated and orderly development of the consulting services market. It has also drafted a set of interim measures for managing the database of PPP consulting firms for public consultation. The measures will come into force on 1 May 2017.
The database of PPP consulting firms is a collection of information on consulting firms that provide consulting services for PPP projects on the public side established on the basis of the China PPP Integrated Information Platform. Under the guidance of the Office of the Leading Group for PPP Work under the Ministry of Finance, the PPP Center of the Ministry of Finance is responsible for the establishment, maintenance and management of the database and disseminates information on the consulting firms listed in the database through channels designated by the China PPP Integrated Information Platform.
According to the measures, consulting firms must meet the following conditions for inclusion in the database:
(1) They must be legal entities and other organisations, excluding branches and offices, established in accordance with law that can independently enjoy civil rights and assume civil obligations;
(2) They must have a proven track record in providing the following consulting services: As independent or principal counsels, they must have concluded consulting service contracts with the public side for at least one project listed in the project database of the China PPP Integrated Information Platform to provide substantive PPP consulting services. The projects must already be in the preparatory, procurement, execution or transfer stage;
(3) The relevant information of the consulting firms must be recorded in the project database already.
Consulting firms included in the database enjoy the following rights:
(1) Participate, upon invitation, in activities such as studies, publicity and training on relevant policies organised by the Ministry of Finance and its subordinate units;
(2) Receive guidance from the PPP Center;
(3) Request the finance departments at the same level as the projects listed in the project database for update and improvement of information given on their scope of service and on the firms themselves.
See following websites for more information in Chinese: