28 Oct 2015
Rural Areas Urged to Develop Express Delivery Industry
The State Council adopted at its executive meeting on 14 October measures to promote the development of express delivery industry and foster new growth areas for modern services. The meeting pointed out that accelerating the development of express delivery can reduce circulation cost and help expand domestic demand and create jobs and enhance the quality of new-style urbanisation.
The following measures were adopted at the meeting:
1. Further opening up the domestic market to all kinds of capital and supporting the mergers and reorganisation of express delivery enterprises.
2. Simplifying the procedures for obtaining licences and the formalities for customs clearance of entry-exit express deliveries. The possibility of "one licence, multiple business locations" will be studied.
3. Promoting "Internet + express delivery". Express delivery enterprises will be guided to cooperate with e-commerce enterprises to develop new business modes that benefit both the people and the business, such as produced-to-order agricultural goods and customised industrial goods. Support will be given to the launch of payment collection and other services.
4. Implementing the "land-sea-air express delivery" project and providing convenience for express delivery vehicles in cities. Express delivery networks in rural areas and the western region will be improved and an express delivery service system serving Chinese and overseas destinations will be built. Supervision over service security and quality will be strengthened to ensure peace of mind.
5. Strengthening policy support for express delivery enterprises, including tax, financing and land use. Priority will be given to the construction of public welfare and infrastructure express delivery facilities in the rural areas and western region in the budgetary outlays of the central government. Financial institutions will also be encouraged to help broaden the financing channels of express delivery enterprises and accelerate the development of the industry by providing them with collateral loans, financial leasing and other services.