7 June 2017
Seven Priorities Identified for Boosting Government Transparency
A new initiative from the State Administration for Industry and Commerce (SAIC) has been designed to promote government “transparency in five aspects” – decision-making, enforcement, administration, awareness and the delivery of identifiable results. In particular, the new policy, The Implementation Plan for Comprehensively Advancing Transparency in Government, will focus on delivering improvements in seven key areas:
- Advancing “transparency in the five aspects” and increasing the transparency of policy decisions.
- Improving policy interpretation and response mechanisms, including conveying a clearer understanding of State Council policies and SAIC initiatives.
- Actively responding to matters of public concern.
- Upgrading the content of the SAIC’s website and improving co-ordination between different government website management teams, particularly with regard to content development.
- Enhancing public participation and improving the channels that facilitate such participation.
- Reforming information disclosure, including greater transparency with regard to consumption upgrade and changes to the business registration system.
- Improving leadership and working mechanisms with regard to government transparency.
For further details (in Chinese), please refer to the following website: