25 May 2018
Argentina Amends Content Declaration Requirements for Textiles, Apparel and Footwear
The Argentinean government has amended in various ways the sworn statement of product composition (DJCP) requirements for domestically-produced and imported textiles, apparel and footwear. Under this system, producers and importers of textiles and apparel must provide a declaration with the fibre composition of their products, while footwear producers and importers must provide a declaration with the constituent materials. DJCPs are generated through the Integrated Foreign Trade System (SISCO) and are valid for 180 days from their date of acceptance.
Key changes to the DJCP requirements include the following:
- the list of tariff lines subject to these requirements has been updated;
- the need to submit the sworn declaration to the Commerce Secretariat has been eliminated;
- domestic producers or importers may request the renewal of a DJCP in the period within 15 to 45 days prior to the date of expiration of such DJCP;
- an alphanumeric code consisting of the DJCP number and its expiry date will be issued for new DJCPs as well as renewals;
- the requirement to provide the product identification code in the sales document together with a description of the product has been postponed until 5 May 2019; and
- the requirement for DJCPs to be accompanied by a laboratory test report supporting the fibre / constituent material content declaration of the product has been rescinded, although the Commerce Secretariat retains the authority to require such as report as appropriate.