6 Jan 2017
Argentina Modifies Duties on Certain Products
The Argentinean government recently issued a regulation implementing the import duty modifications adopted by the Mercosur Common Market Group on the following products.
- Crude tall oil classified under NCM 3803.00.10 – duty has been reduced from 12 percent to two percent.
- Thermistors classified under NCM 8533.40.11 – duty has been lowered from 16 to two percent.
- Pentaerythritol classified under NCM 2905.42.00 – duty has been reduced from 14 percent to two percent.
- Zeolites of the kind used as ion exchangers for water treatment classified under NCM 2842.10.10 – duty has risen from two percent to ten percent.
As authorised by the Mercosur Trade Committee, Argentina has also established TRQs on the products listed below.
- Disperse dyes
A maximum of 1,000 tonnes of disperse dyes and preparations based thereon classified under NCM 3204.11.00 will benefit from a reduced duty of two percent for a period of 12 months. Out-of-quota merchandise will be subject to a regular MFN rate of 12 percent.
- Certain paper and paperboard
A maximum of 2,500 tonnes of other paper and paperboard of a kind used for writing, printing or other graphic purpose, having certain features and classified under NCM 4810.19.90, will benefit from a reduced duty of two percent for a period of 12 months. Out-of-quota merchandise will be subject to a regular MFN rate of 14 percent.