6 Aug 2019
First Batch of List 3 Goods from Mainland China Excluded from Section 301 Tariffs
The Office of the U.S. Trade Representative has announced the first batch of products that will be excluded from the additional 25 percent duty imposed under Section 301 on some US$200 billion worth of imports from mainland China (List 3 goods). These exclusions will be retroactive to 24 September 2018 and remain in place for a period of one year from the date of publication of an official notice in the Federal Register. Interested parties may continue to submit product exclusion requests for List 3 goods through 30 September.
The exclusions cover the following products, reflecting 10 specially prepared product descriptions and covering 15 separate exclusion requests.
- container units of plastics, each comprising a tub and lid therefore, configured or fitted for the conveyance, packing or dispensing of wet wipes (HTSUS 3923.10.9000)
- injection moulded polypropylene plastic caps or lids, each weighing not over 24 grams, designed for dispensing wet wipes (HTSUS 3923.50.0000)
- kayak paddles, double ended, with shafts of aluminium and blades of fibreglass reinforced nylon (HTSUS 3926.90.3000)
- high tenacity polyester yarn not over 600 decitex (HTSUS 5402.20.3010)
- nonwovens weighing more than 25 g/m2 but not more than 70 g/m2 in rolls, not impregnated coated or covered (HTSUS 5603.92.0090)
- pet cages of steel (HTSUS 7323.99.9080)
- carts, not mechanically propelled, each with three or four wheels, of the kind used for household shopping (HTSUS 8716.80.5090)
- truck trailer skirt brackets, other than parts of general use of Section XV (HTSUS 8716.90.5060)
- inflatable boats, other than kayaks and canoes, with over 20 gauge polyvinyl chloride, each valued at US$500 or less and weighing not over 52 kg (HTSUS 8903.10.0060)
- inflatable kayaks and canoes, with over 20 gauge polyvinyl chloride, each valued at US$500 or less and weighing not over 22 kg (HTSUS 8903.10.0060)
These exclusions must be claimed using new HTSUS subheading 9903.88.13. They are available for any product that meets the specified product description, regardless of whether the importer filed an exclusion request. USTR notes that the scope of each exclusion is governed by the scope of the product descriptions set forth in its notice and not by the product descriptions in any particular request for exclusion.