18 Aug 2017
Miscellaneous Latin American AD Actions on Mainland Chinese Products
Mexico Begins AD Investigation on Micro Welding Wire
Mexico’s Ministry of Economy has initiated an AD duty investigation of micro welding wire classified under HTSMX 7229.20.01, 7229.90.99 and 8311.90.01 from mainland China. Certain domestic producers, importers, exporters and the mainland Chinese government will have 23 working days counted five days from the date the applicable notice of investigation is sent to them to submit the official form for this investigation and any arguments thereof. All other interested parties may submit the official form for this investigation no later than 23 working days from 15 August.
Mexico Preliminarily Finds Dumping on Certain Steel Tubes
The Ministry of Economy recently established the following preliminary duties in its AD investigation of certain mainland Chinese carbon steel and alloy steel tubes of circular, square and rectangular cross section classified under HTSMX 7306.19.99, 7306.30.01, 7306.30.99 and 7306.61.01.
|Company||Preliminary AD Duty|
|Huludao City Steel Pipe Industrial Co. Ltd.||65.05%|
|Tianjin Huilitong Steel Tube Co. Ltd.||129.65%|
|Tianjin United Steel Pipe Co. Ltd.||143.82%|
|All other companies||202.55%|
Argentina Moves to Final Phase of AD Probes on Certain Plates, Metal Guards, Porcelain Tiles
Argentina has moved to the final phase of its AD duty investigations on the following mainland Chinese products without imposing any provisional measures.
- plates, sheets, film, foil and strip exclusively of poly(methyl methacrylate), non-cellular and non-metallised, of a thickness between two and 200 mm, whether or not presented with a disposable protective sheet on one or both sides, as well as plates, sheets, film, foil and strip exclusively of poly(methyl methacrylate), non-cellular and non-metallised, of square or rectangular construction with slightly rounded corners, whether or not combined with plastics all along the product’s perimeter, of a thickness between two and 200 mm, whether or not presented with a disposable protective sheet on one or both sides, classified under NCM 3920.51.00 and 3926.90.90
- metal guards of the kind used in fans with a self-enclosed electric motor, with a diameter greater than 400 mm, classified under NCM 8414.90.20
- certain glazed porcelain flags and tiles, varnished or enamelled (including polished), for paving or tiling, classified under NCM 6908.90.00
Colombia Preliminarily Finds Dumping on Steel Sinks
Colombia’s Ministry of Trade, Industry and Tourism has preliminarily established an AD measure in the form of a minimum FOB price of US$4.57 per kilogramme on stainless steel sinks and wash basins weighing eight kilogrammes or less, classified under HTSCO 7324.10.00, from mainland China. This provisional measure will be in place until 26 January 2018.
Mexico Begins AD Sunset Review of Coaxial Cable
Mexico has initiated a sunset review of the AD duty order on radio guide coaxial cable classified under HTSMX 8544.20.01, 8544.20.02, and 8544.20.99 from mainland China. The review will result in either the revocation or continuation of the order. Interested parties have 28 business days from 8 August to submit the official form for the investigation and any arguments thereof.
Argentina Announces Scheduled Expiration of AD Duty Orders on Four Products
Argentina is informing interested parties of the expiration within the next six months of the AD duty orders on the following products from mainland China.
- certain alternating current electric motors classified under NCM 8501.40.19 (September 2017)
- certain sunglasses, corrective or pre-graduated spectacles, and frames and mountings of spectacles classified under NCM 9003.11.00, 9003.19.10, 9003.19.90, 9004.90.10 and 9004.10.00 (October 2017)
- certain bearings classified under NCM 8482.10.10 (November 2017)
- certain porcelain flags and tiles classified under NCM 6907.90.00 (January 2018)
Parties seeking a sunset review must submit a request at least three months prior to the date of expiration of the applicable AD duty order.