17 July 2018
Final Affirmative AD Injury Determination on Steel Flanges
The USITC has issued a final affirmative injury determination in its AD investigation of mainland Chinese steel flanges classified under HTSUS subheadings 7307.21.1000 and 7307.21.5000. As a result, the DOC will issue an AD duty order on imports of subject merchandise, which will be in addition to the CV duty order issued on imports of subject merchandise earlier this year.
Public Interest Input Sought in Section 337 Investigation of Two-Way Radio Equipment
In its patent infringement investigation of two-way radio equipment and systems, related software and components thereof from mainland China, the USITC is requesting comments no later than 10 August on any public interest issues raised by the presiding administrative law judge’s recommendation that the USITC, should it find a violation, issue a limited exclusion order against infringing goods and cease and desist orders against the infringing respondents. Comments should address whether the issuance of such orders would affect the public health and welfare in the United States, competitive conditions in the U.S. economy, the production of like or directly competitive articles in the United States, or U.S. consumers. In particular, the USITC is interested in comments that:
- explain how the articles potentially subject to the orders are used in the United States;
- identify any public health, safety or welfare concerns in the United States relating to the potential orders;
- identify like or directly competitive articles that the complainant, its licensees or third parties make in the United States that could replace the subject articles if they were to be excluded;
- indicate whether the complainant, its licensees and/or third-party suppliers have the capacity to replace the volume of articles potentially subject to the requested orders within a commercially reasonable time; and
- explain how the requested orders would impact U.S. consumers.
Section 337 Investigation of Amorphous Metal Terminated
The USITC has terminated without the imposition of import restrictions its trade secret misappropriation investigation of amorphous metal and products containing same from mainland China and Japan based on the withdrawal of the complaint.